We have created plugin to all WordPress users to connect blogs with CheetahO API. Install our WordPress image compression and optimization plugin – stop worrying about image optimization and slow-loading pages.
Download WordPress images optimization and check tutorial bellow how to install it.
- Go to your website plugins page.
- Click button to “Add new” plugin.
- In search field type “Cheetaho”.
- Choose “CheetahO Image Optimizer” to install.
- Activate it.
- To use this plugin you need CheetahO API key. Register to CheetahO panel. Then get API key from here: https://app.cheetaho.com/admin/api-credentials .
- Go back to your website.
- Open CheetahO plugin settings (Settings->CheetahO).
- Paste your API key.
- Update settings (see how looks CheetahO settings page in attached image)
Add API key to plugin settings page in field “API key”. See in screenshot:
Also you can select how plugin will work in your WordPress.
- You can change optimisation type by choosing “lossy” or “lossless”.
- Automatically optimize uploads – enable images optimization on-the-fly when you upload them.
- JPEG quality – allow to choose image optimisation quality.
- Image Sizes to optimize – this option let you to choose which image type you want to optimize.
WordPress image optimization plugin in media library
You can compress images from media library. To see CheetahO image optimizer options switch image list to clasic view like in this image:
Choose image you want to optimize and click on button “Optimize this image”:
When image is optimized you will see optimization statistic instead of button “Optimize This Image”. Want to optimize more then one image?
- Select more than one.
- In field “Bulk actions” choose “Optimize all with CheetahO” .
- Click button “Apply”
Bulk image optimization (compression) for WordPress
CheetahO wordpress plugin can easily optimize a lot of images with one button click. If you wan to do you need:
- Go to menu “Media->Bulk CheetahO”
- Click button to start optimize images.
Remember: Do not close window or go to other page while system optimizes images.
CheetahO WordPress image compression and optimization plugin allows you to make backups of images before you optimize them. You can disable this feature in plugin settings page. But we highly recommend to use backups. If system can not optimize images or will be an error you always can restore original images from backups (by clicking button near image “Reset”). When all images are optimized and you are happy with results, then you can empty backup folder by one button click in CheetahO plugin settings page (“Empty backups”).
Will the WordPress plugin work on a localhost?
Unfortunately, CheetahO image optimization/resize plugin only works with publicly accessible websites. If your site is locally hosted, it means that it is not publicly accessible. So CheetahO is not able to download images to optimize them.